Kitchener's 2nd Annual Coop Tour
On Saturday, April 22, 2017 we were pleased to offer Kitchener's 1st Annual Chicken Coop Tour! It was a huge success with people traveling over an hour to visit our coops!
We are looking forward to our next coop tour, which will take place on Saturday, April 21st, 2018. If you are interested in taking part, please contact me and we can talk!
During the Coop Tour, owner's of backyard hens throughout the City graciously offer to open up their backyards to the public between the hours of 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. to answer questions about their coop and backyard hens! This event is free and will run rain or shine! You don't have to sign up, nor do you have to go to every coop! Pick the ones you want to visit and drop by during the specified hours. Feel free to ask as many questions as you want! Tour hosts are proud of their work and are willing to share both their knowledge and experience!
Please remember that this event is 100% volunteer run! Our thanks to participating owners for opening up their backyards!
A google map of last years participating coops, will be posted shortly before the coop tour's date.
Coop Tour Hints:
- Please do not bring any dogs or other pets on the tour.
- Please refrain from visiting coops outside the tour hours.
- Do not chase, taunt, feed of handle any birds or other pets on the coop owner's property.
- Be considerate of our neighbours. Park all vehicles on the street. Please do not block driveways.
- Please supervise your children at all times.